I have been coaching business people in how to supercharge their business for nine years. I offer a number of different services, depending on where you are in the process of setting up your small business:
Most businesses fail in the first five years, and the biggest reason for that is that they did not have clear planning at the outset.
A well-written business plan can make or break a business. Whether you are manufacturing, creating software, selling art, or running a daycare, your business plan is essential. It is the document that you can refer back to to help you make decisions, plan your next move, or remind yourself why you started the business in the first place. And it should be a living document that evolves as your business does. More than that, a really well-written business plan can help you get the capital you need to get it going, or increase its value if you ever decide to sell it.
I have helped entrepreneurs write dozens of business plans – and most of them are now well past the five-year mark and going strong. I would like to offer you the same help with my business planning program. Here are the steps I take with you to make sure you are on the right track from day one:
● I will spend 2-5 hour-long sessions interviewing you using my time-tested questions to make sure you know exactly where your business is going.
● I will help you analyze your business plan so that you can pick out useful management tools and materials that will work to keep your business running smoothly.
● I will help you write up the first draft of the business plan based on the interview.
● I will then subject you to 1-3 more in-depth interviews where we will walk through tools like SWOT analysis, SMART goals, and even personality testing to help you figure out where your personal risks are.
● I will set you in the right direction to do the research and projections so that you know what kind of capital you need and what kind of ROI you can expect. Once you have a draft for me, I will go over it and push you to hone it to something more than just guesswork.
● I will then spend 2 more sessions helping you write a five year plan and the skeleton of a marketing and social media strategy.
● I will walk you through the first steps of performing a NUANS search, registering your business, and setting up bookkeeping.
● I will contact you after six months and again at one year to see how you are doing and help you evolve your business plan based on how it has changed after contact with the market.
The price of this service is $1,500 CAD.
Startup Accountability Coaching
If you are a work-at-home parent, the odds are good that you are strapped for time and – more importantly – energy and motivation. Burnout is a real risk if you are not taking care of yourself. Moreover, with all of the other responsibilities on your plate, you are going to have to make compromises in terms of where you spend your attention. In the first couple of years being at home and caring for your kids the temptation to give up on your business, or really lower your sights is going to be strong.
The most valuable thing you can possibly have is someone else who wants to see you succeed, who will listen to you talk about your plans, and who will hold your feet to the fire to make sure that you are setting and meeting reasonable goals. That’s where I come in. My Startup Accountability Coaching is a program to keep you moving in the early stages of developing your business. Here is how it works.
● In the first two sessions (hour-long) we spend some time learning about your business, reviewing your business plan, and figuring out how we can keep you aimed at your goal.
● In the third session, I will do an honest and comprehensive assessment for you of your stress-management and time-management abilities. We will identify other areas in your life that need work to make sure you have the time and energy at the end of the day to run a business.
● In the fourth we will compose an action plan and set goals for the next two months.
● For the next two months I will call you once a week, in the morning for a fifteen-minute call to make sure you are doing what you said you would do and are keeping track on using the tools that keep you moving forward. If you are not meeting your goals, then I will help you figure out why so your next week will go better.
The first time you run this program, the price is $500.
If you come back for additional months we will spend one hour-long session getting up to date and planning, and then go straight to your weekly fifteen-minute calls for three months. These additional three-month packages are offered at $300.
Success Conversion Coaching
Success Conversion Coaching is a time-tested life coaching method refined by the coaches and professional trainers at Rhema International. It is a simple, straightforward method of helping you set and meet ambitious and meaningful goals. Combining Assertiveness training, Time Management skills, Motivational Interviewing, SMART Goal-setting, Persuasion techniques, and dozens of other tested motivational tools, Success Conversion Coaching can get people who are stuck moving towards their goals with incredible speed and confidence while cutting way down on stress.
My Success Conversion Coaching program runs $300 per month. In it:
We will have four weekly coaching sessions where I help you figure out where you are holding yourself back from reaching your goals, and help you develop strategies to let yourself move forward.
Sessions include training in skills that will help you lower stress, communicate clearly, learn to ask for- and get- the things you want in life, and help you make decisions quickly and effectively.
I also make myself available for emergencies: my clients can call me for a 15-minute lightning call if they need help solving a problem fast.
We will make sure you have clear and well-developed goals that actually make you hungry to accomplish them.